Friday, February 5, 2010

Song #68: Marina and the Diamonds - "Mowgli's Road"



This track came to my watching very early Saturday morning rage (about 1am, I think), and I can honestly say that I am glad I was sitting down when I heard it. Holy fucking SHIT.

Marina and the Diamonds, aka Marina Diamandis (I think it's Greek), had her video for Mowgli's Road premiere here in Australia on rage. The video itself is fabulous (scroll down), but the music itself is everything I love about pop music in its current shape and form. Mowgli is catchy, outlandish, engaging, gloriously harmonic and just hooky enough to send you insane over how good it is. Marina's voice is sharp yet easily flexible, showing some bizarre accentuation and a strangely thick range. Even when she's making weird noises in the song, like "cuckoo!", it still sounds amazing.

I dunno what else to say. Just fucking listen to it.

FINAL RATING (/10): 9.5

Here's the video. Lick that shit up.



xoxoxoxo
David and the Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment