Friday, January 1, 2010

Song #33: Telepathe - "In Your Line"



Fuck, I'm excited. Two days into the new year and I've already got a gig lined up. This one is being put on by Popfrenzy Records, entitled Slopfrenzy - the headliner being the amazing Micachu with her band The Shapes. I went into a fit when I found out she was touring Australia, so naturally I had to get to the show by any means necessary. I'll also be seeing her at Days Like This! (plug plug plug).

Another act on the bill that I'd never previously listened to is Brooklyn's Telepathe. The two-piece have a spaced-out, synth-infused style that's reminiscent of the first Bat for Lashes and a poppier Bjork. It's not a very original sound - in truth, it gets a little grating, especially with the excessive vocal layering. Let's not discredit this entirely, however. It's cute in its space-cadet kind of way, and its appeal will definitely be picked up by a lot of different kids. No idea how they'll go live, but it should be fun.

FINAL RATING (/10): 7

If you're in Sydney, you should really get along to this gig - starts at 5:30 and it's $30 at the door. I'm so excited I could very well puke.

xxxxxxx
David

No comments:

Post a Comment