Thursday, January 14, 2010

Song #44: A Death in the Family - "Erasing the Maps"



I wrote up some email Q and As today for the site I write for, FasterLouder. One was for hardcore band Every Time I Die, and the other for these guys - headliners of the very-cool-looking Blood, Sweat and Beers festival, A Death In The Family.

I decided to listen through all of the songs on their MySpace page as I was writing up the ten or so questions I wanted to ask them - including questions about the festival and opening for Rise Against. I've always had at least a passing interest in this band and what they do, but it was in this simple lunchtime task that I came to appreciate them a lot more. This track in particular was a favourite - passionate and very rough around its edges, delivered with plenty of heart with no abandonment of a shout-along hook in order to remain "punk" necessary. ADITF are a very quality band, and I believe it's perhaps Erasing The Maps that will be the first to convince you of this. For fans of acts like The Gaslight Anthem, Hot Water Music, Against Me!, Polar Bear Club, etc. - y'know, the good shit.

FINAL RATING (/10): 8

Don't forget to grab a BSB ticket, too! Head to www.annandalehotel.com.au and suss it out!

x
David

No comments:

Post a Comment