Thursday, January 14, 2010

Song #45: Michael Buble - "Heartache Tonight"


 
Sometimes, where I hear my song that I've never heard before previously is just plain weird. 45 was no exception - this came to me over the P.A. of the Myer store in Wollongong, where I was stocking up on my Michael Jackson collection. The horror that it was your mum's favourite crooner covering your dad's favourite band only came to me half way through.

So, this is off Michael Buble's latest album, Crazy Love. Y'know, the one with that horrible Haven't Met You Yet song that keeps coming up on the Winter Olympics ads (it's in Canada! He's Canadian! The similarities are endless!). It's a cover of a track by the Eagles, I believe from the Long Run record. I really like the Eagles for some reason - their harmonies and songwriting have always been dead impressive to me. This track is fun, too - the big chorus and the guitar matched with the horn section always impressed me. Buble doesn't do much with his cover, though. It's safer, with more of a swing to it. Is there any more to it, though? Not a chance. MOR crooner, Buble stylee.

FINAL RATING (/10): 5

Great song, done very boringly.

x
David

No comments:

Post a Comment