Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Song #17: Hathbanger - "Party in the B.I.G."




Now, I love me some mash-ups, but I never for the life of me expected anything like this. Right here we've got the beat of one of the year's biggest guilty pleasures, Miley Cyrus' Party in the U.S.A., matched up with the timeless  rap verses of  The Notorious B.I.G., in this instance from his hit Party and Bullshit.

Sounds insane, right? Wait till you hear it matched up. The funky guitar in U.S.A. works rather well as Biggie discusses his idea of a fun time - which, to no-one's surprise, is just a little different to that of Miley's. The assemblance of verses, which is done by DJ Hathbanger (the alias of pro skater Andrew Hathaway), is admittedly a little choppy, as is the transition from verse beat to chorus beat. When this track is on, though, it's fucking ON. If only Biggie were alive to suss it out.

FINAL RATING (/10): 7.5

If you're a mash-up nerd, you may as well take a listen. It's pure fun. If this sounds like your kind of thing, why not download it and see what you think?

xx
David

No comments:

Post a Comment